Breastfeeding

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Mindful of differences

When I became pregnant with G, I had to keep telling myself that when he was not his brother. I wanted to make sure that I never compared the two of them in a way that would make one feel less important than the other. I wanted to remember all of their unique qualities that make them who they are and to bring out those qualities. I'm amazed in how just a few months, it's clear to see how different they are! When E was an infant, he wanted nothing to do with a pacifier or lovey. He wasn't much of a cuddlier until he got a but older. He would moan loudly when we would try to get him to sleep. G, on the other hand, will fall asleep nursing, while drinking a bottle, with a pacifier, or put on his side in bed while having his bottom patted. E could do without many types of food. It takes him a while to get used to textures and flavors. He will often turn food down or be skeptical while trying it. He has his favorites and stick to them: bread, tortillas, fruit, cereal, waffles, pancakes, yogurt, milk, nuts. G (although he's only had apples, bananas, carrots, and peas) can't seem to get enough. He will try stealing any food he sees you eating or holding. He will sit at the table and start salivating. I have a feeling he's going to run us out of food each week. Another thing I've noticed, both of my kids have the same laugh. They get giggly when they're beyond tired, just like me.

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

It is hard not to compare them!

I do it all of the time with Mark or in my head. Probably because it is amazing how much they share in common and how noticeable it is that they have differences already.

It is funny how you can just see your baby's personality so clearly.