Breastfeeding

Saturday, October 30, 2010

YES!

I now FINALLY have the chance to blog. It seem as though the past two weeks have been hectic, but that's really not the case.

We've been spending our time getting to enjoy our new gym membership at LA Fitness. I've fallen in love with Zumba - it's fun, it's dance, and it doesn't feel like a workout. Since the last time I did any core strengthening was when I was teaching colorguard, I thought it would be a great idea to take Pilates. Well, it turned out to be a good idea. However, it was definitely apparent that I have lost the abdominal strength that I once had. It hurt to breathe the next day due to the pain I was in, but it felt good at the same time knowing that I would be stronger because of it.

Last week I finished two of my master's classes and this week I started my final course. Only 7 more sessions to go until graduation! My cap and gown also came in a week ago. When I saw the package on the kitchen counter, I threw the box open and started to dress myself. Camera in hand, I ran over to Paul to have him take a picture of me!

Husband is doing well too. He has been able to come home a reasonable hour and is home to help with bedtime routine. Paul is really looking forward to being able to take some time off in December for the holidays.

Baby boy is fabulous! We have gone to the park, gotten yet another haircut, went to Boo at the Zoo (no camera that day), and he even received his first pony from my parents!

(He loves the horse: riding it, pulling it, petting it. Just don't push the ears and turn on the horse. It whinnies, neighs, and it's tail and head move. Poor little guy becomes terribly afraid of it.)

He is still running all around the house and everywhere else we go. He has gotten several cuts and bruises. His impetigo is doing better, but still not completely healed. We went to the pediatrician again just before flying out to Minnesota and he gave us another medication to try. It doesn't seem to bother Evan at all, though.

What is bothering him is the fact that he has about 4 teeth that are working on erupting soon. His gum line is quite puffy and white, plus he continues to chomp on his fingers (or us), and drools.

I have been pretty fortunate that in the past 17 months of nursing him, he has never actually bitten me on purpose. That is until about a week ago. Now Evan will nurse, then work his way off slightly bear down. He thinks it's hilarious until I put the ta-tas away. Too bad, so sad little man.

I'm looking forward to tomorrow when we get to "force" him into his scarecrow costume. I have a feeling that it will not go to well.

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

Glad you are having fun working out! I have not worked out since I was 9 months pregnant, haha.

Can't wait to see E in his costume!!