We arrived late Friday night/early Saturday morning. Saturday morning we went to meet up with his family and had breakfast in the hotel. Since the wedding wasn't until later in the afternoon, I suggested we hit the Mall of America! I have never seen roller coasters in a mall OR a two story Old Navy! Hallelujah!
The exit to our hotel - Betty Crocker Dr. Our hotel was also next to the General Mills headquarters.


I don't think there are any Starbucks in Minnesota, only Caribou Coffee.
Although Paul's family is Catholic, his cousin married a man who is Greek Orthodox and they were married in the Greek Orthodox church. I have never been to a Greek Orthodox wedding and it was quite different than what I'm used to as a Catholic. First off, the entire (or almost all) of the ceremony was sung. The bride and groom do not exchange vows or place the rings on each others fingers - the priest does. They circle the alter three times and crowns are placed on their heads which cross three times, too. Although it was different, it was still beautiful and special.I saw this house on the street heading to the church. I think it's stunning. It's $1.2 million stunning.
The view from the church courtyard to Lake Calhoun.


The reception was at a golf course. Paul and I had such a blast with his family that night. So much so, that we weren't having a blast the next day. Yuck!Yummy cake!
Brighid (my SIL), Emily (the bride), and myself
Congratulations, Emily and Alex! May you live happily ever after!(In your super cute house!)
1 comment:
We do have Starbucks but Caribou is just better . . . they have the BEST hot chocolate.
I am so happy you enjoyed your visit. I wish we could have visited more. Silly wedding got in the way! :o)
Post a Comment