Breastfeeding

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sleep Vent

Let me just tell you now, if your child has slept through the night since they were a few weeks old, you many not want to read this.

Now, I love my son. I love my friends. I love my friend's kids. But let me tell you what I don't love right now.

#1 - my son/daughter has slept through the night since they were two weeks old.
#2 - my son/daughter has slept through the night since they were a few months old.
#3 - my son/daughter gets up once at night, how do I get him/her to sleep through the night?
#4 - my son/daughter sleeps from 7 pm- 6:30 am, but I'm trying to get them to sleep until 8.
#5 - maybe you should give him (my son) some cereal before he goes to bed.
#6 - maybe your milk isn't strong enough to last him through the night so he gets hungry.
#7 - have you tried the Ferber Method?

Let's recap last night's events.

6:45pm: Evan falls asleep.
9:30ish: Evan wakes. We wait to see if he falls back asleep. Nope. Paul goes in to get him down.
9:45: Evan's asleep.
12:00ish: Evan wakes. Paul goes in to get him down.
12:15am: I sing, rock, sway, dance, shush.
1:20: Evan's asleep.
1:45-2:15 (not sure what time): Evan wakes again. Paul goes in.
2:45: I go in after hearing Paul's calls, give in and start nursing.
3:20: Evan is asleep.
5:30: Evan wakes. I go nurse again.
6:05: Asleep.
7:15: Up for the day.

Yes, I'm glad that he slept until 7:15. Hallelujah! It definitely beats his 4:45-5:15 wake up calls. Is he getting the sleep that he needs? No. Is he still happy in the morning? Definitely. Did I miss the memo about how to make your child sleep or something?! If so, I'd like to get it.

2 comments:

The Richardson's said...

Evan is normal. It sucks, but totally normal.

Google "My 1 year old won't sleep through the night" and millions of forums pop up that say that a lot of kids do not sleep through the night.

Matthew did not. I will see Ashley/you tomorrow and I will bring you my books from the sleep lady. Maybe the 1,000th suggestion will at least help! (haha)

Josh and Jenni said...

Just hang in there! It sounds like you are doing everything you know how to do. Evan is happy and healthy. You might be a little tired, but don't get frustrated. You are a good mom!!