Now, Paul and I are no where near ready to try for a second child. We pretty much agree that we'd at least like our son to sleep through (most of) the night. But, the more I think about it, the more I can't wait to be pregnant again and experience creating a new life. Call me crazy, but I'm also considering a natural childbirth. I've already spoken to my OB/GYN about having a VBAC, but my heart and head keep leaning towards completely med-free. (When I mentioned this to Paul, he said he would support me and thought it was a great idea. But when I told him that I meant no medication, not vaginal...he wasn't so sure.)
Maybe it's because I don't remember the first several hours after Evan's birth.
Or that I didn't get to hold or see him immediately after he was born.
Or that my delivery didn't go the way I had always imagined.
But for now, it's just a thought. We'll see if it really happens...
1 comment:
I think you should do whatever you want!
If you want to go natural, from everyone I know who has done it- you have to go 110%. You cannot make having an epidural an option. Otherwise, you give in. You should talk to Nellie Welter. She has 4 epidurals and her last kid she just did totally natural.
Basically, she researched a TON, prepared for it for months and didn't go to the hospital until basically the kids head was sticking out of her...haha. I am serious.
Post a Comment