Breastfeeding

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Tea Time

Yesterday was my mom's birthday, so today my sister and I took her for tea at the Phoenician. This is something everyone (at least everyone woman or girl) should do. It's relaxing yet it makes you feel sophisticated and elegant. I just wish I had taken my camera.

We started by selecting our tea from a menu of more than 20, including decaffeinated teas. My sister and I also chose to have champagne, which was an extra $9.00 and was unlimited! You get your tea served in beautiful floral porcelain teapots and you have to use a tea strainer too!

Then came the finger sandwiches. My favorites were the egg salad and cucumber ones. After that, we enjoyed cranberry and buttermilk scones with strawberry preserves, lemon curd, and yummy Devonshire cream.

And the last course was desserts.

Chocolate covered strawberries, mini fruit tarts, shortbread cookies, chocolate somethings, lemon somethings, raspberry cake, and fruit cake. DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

That sounds great!

Ashley Majorek said...

Looks like you girls had fun!

I think I would have passed up the finger sandwiches and just had the champagne & chocolate covered strawberries :o) That sounds so good right now!!

Josh and Jenni said...

I have done tea at the Phoenician before and it is amazing! Desserts are my favorite part for sure!