I must admit, we were bad Catholics this year. We did not attend Easter mass.I also know that there really is no excuse that we shouldn't have attended, but I must also say that when you live 40 minutes away from your church and all the mass times fall during or just before naps, it's tough to do. So instead of going to church, we watched it on t.v.
Afterwards, we headed to the Phoenix Country Club to have brunch with Paul's family. First off, we tried to take a picture of the cousins. Notice that it's our child that's not cooperating?
Evan was also able to see his first farm animals since the club had a petting zoo. Evan did no such petting and decided to play with my water bottle instead.
My family came over in the evening for hamburgers and Bailey's cheesecake brownies (thanks, Emma!). My mom even showed us how much Evan loves getting pushed around in my computer chair!
It was a hectic day but I'm glad that we were able to spend it with our families.
3 comments:
God knows that babies and church = nearly impossible sometimes.
Stop with the Catholic guilt!!
Looks like you had lots of fun!!
Sarah, sometimes I think that being Catholic = guilty conscience.
Don't beat yourself up about not going to Church...we didn't make it either.
I love the fact that Evan wasn't sitting still in the picture!! It shows character :o)
Glad you guys had a good day!!
Post a Comment