I caught Evan standing up in his crib yesterday morning after his nap. We moved his mattress down to the final position shortly after that incident. This boy loves standing!
SleepIt's amazing how sleep can be so different. Evan had a rough night on Friday. He was up from 9:15pm till around midnight, then decided to wake up at 4:15. Yet last night he slept from 6:45pm-4:45am with only one night waking. Oy.
Rash
Evan has developed his first diaper rash. I called the doctor on Friday because he developed small pimples too. The nurse said that he has a yeast infection. I went and purchased him some Monistat 7 (yes, the kind girls use). As of today, the pimples are gone, but the redness is still there. Hoping that it will all go away soon. But in the mean time, Evan is enjoying more naked time!
Fraggle RockGranted, we don't let Evan watch t.v. during the day, however there is one thing we do let him watch. The opening credits to Fraggle Rock (and only once in a while). The second he hears the opening bass line, his head turns around and he freezes. As soon as the credits are over, he goes back to doing whatever he was doing before.
Spring Training
Yesterday, we went to our first Spring Training game as a family of three. The Indians played against the Cincinnati Reds in their home opener. The weather was beautiful and we couldn't have asked for a better way to spend the afternoon. Thanks to the family that was able to join us!


Parents of the YearPreface:
Evan likes to play with a box that his stack-able cars came in. He likes to use it for banging, hitting, shaking, and standing (now that he can). I noticed yesterday that he had pulled the top flap out and was chewing on it. I made a mental note about making sure that I took it away after a bit so he wouldn't get it too soggy that a piece would go into his mouth.
Chapter 1:Evan was playing with the box this afternoon. Paul and I decided to go out and do the grocery shopping. Paul picked Evan up and commented that he was making a funny face. I mentioned that it looked as though he was chewing/eating something. Not thinking much of it (Parents of the Year vote #1), packed up and headed out to Safeway. We got there a few minutes later and headed into the produce section like we always do first. After picking up a couple of items, Paul and I separated. Evan was with Paul in the shopping cart and headed to get some salad mix. I went to pick out a red onion.
As I'm searching for that perfect red onion, I hear my name being called out. I see Paul walking briskly with Evan in tow, yet there is no shopping cart. "There's something in Evan's mouth," Paul says. We try get a finger in his mouth and tickle his neck/cheeks to peek in. Paul finally pinches his cheeks together and we try to see what's inside. Just then, Evan starts to gag. (In that split second, I begin to think that I'm going to have to perform the Heimlich Maneuver on Evan and I picture turning him over and whacking his back to get whatever is in there out!)
All of a sudden, Evan violently vomits on the floor of Safeway and all over Paul's right arm. There on the ground is a big piece of that box!!
I've marked where the piece used to be. The left side flap should look identical to the right side.
2 comments:
It's like he snapped out of a trance! Glad he puked out the cardboard.
um Matthew has eaten and swallowed so many pieces of cardboard...pages of board books...cockroaches, orange peels, banana peels...and stuff that we never figured out what it was before it was swallowed.
you do not lose parent of the year for that. kids are gross. nothing you can do about that.
Post a Comment