Breastfeeding

Friday, March 26, 2010

40 weeks

Evan is now 40 weeks old. That means he is now as old as I was pregnant. Which means 80 weeks ago I had my last period. Yes...dear Aunt Flo hasn't visited me in 80 weeks.

In addition, a few new things have happened, two of which occurred today. One is that after a few weeks on trying on and off, Evan finally was able to put a Cheerio into his mouth! Hooray pincer grip!!

The second happened during the pincer practice. Evan laid his head down while in his high chair.

After doing it a third time, I figured he really was tired so I put him into his jammies, nursed, and he feel asleep - quickly. It was amazing!

Evan is also extremely eager to start walking. He gets up and down from standing very quickly. He crawls fast to whatever it is that he wants. (Especially to the plant that my friend Liza gave me for my baby shower. He LOVES that thing!) Now if you hold his upper body, he takes steps. He also is getting better at moving while standing from one place to another, like from our coffee table to the couch.

Finally, Evan's 2nd bottom tooth has emerged!

2 comments:

The Richardson's said...

that is the benefit of your kid not sleeping through the night and still night nursing...NO PERIODS!!

I made it like 80-90 weeks, then Matthew slept longer for one night and BAM! back to the torture!

Tiffany said...

He is so precious! I love him!