All of us were in the wedding; I was a bridesmaid, Paul was a groomsman, and the boys were ring bearers.
I was able to spend the morning hanging out with "the girls". We had mimosas and bagels while we had our hair and make up done.
Since one of Adam's sisters ended up being very sick that day, Brighid asked if I wanted to join some of the other members of the bridal party and their friends on the limo. Of course I tagged along! (Although I felt bad that Paul was at home with the boys trying to get them down for naps to have them at the ceremony site on time!)
The wedding was very casual and beautiful. Brighid looked so stunning!
The boys did well as ring bearers too. G didn't want to walk down with his brother and cousin, so Paul and I held his hands as he walked down the aisle with us.
Of course, it didn't go smoothly. Halfway down, G's shoe fell off an we had to pick it up. As I got the shoe, Paul tried to pick up G to hold him, but he started shouting, "No! Mommy!" Everyone had a chuckle, including us.
E did so well holding on to the rings and pillow with his cousin and watching the ceremony patiently. I was so proud of him!
They both had a blast dancing the night away and did't want to go home. E had this really great dance move where he's kick his legs, than take off a hat he was wearing and spin it around. He'd then put the hat back on his head and start over.
G wanted to dance immediately after the first dance while everyone else was eating dinner. The DJ even changed the music so that G and the rest of the kids that joined him, could dance! It was pretty adorable!
By 9:00, it was time to take the boys home. My sister was also at the wedding, so she took them home so my parents could watch them. Paul an do stayed until the wedding ended and slept at a hotel near the reception site.
We had so much fun and it was great to see the rest of the Hallinan side of Paul's family! Congrats to Brighid and Adam!












No comments:
Post a Comment