Breastfeeding

Friday, October 21, 2011

G is 2 months!

Little G isn't so little anymore. It's amazing to me that the past two months have flown by, even faster than usual. I just finished up my first week back to work, which means I'm now pumping. I've built up quite a stash in the freezer and in the fridge. G has been such a wonderful addition to the family and I can't wait to see how his relationship develops with E as they grow older.

Here are some stats for the little guy:

- thinks the ceiling fan is hilarious
- falls asleep in the Moby wrap for hours after fighting against it when he's initially put in it
- holds his head up and away from you when he's against your chest
- is quiet and calm unless he gets hungry or tired
- has not had such reflux issues as he did before, I think he has become aware of how much milk he is getting and will pull off when he can't take it all
- takes a pacifier, will fall asleep with a pacifier or spit it out just prior to falling asleep
- generally wakes once, sometimes twice, at night
- tends to sleep a good solid stretch from about 7 pm to almost 3 am
- is a chunker!

- still is a breast milk only baby
- gets gunk between his toes and fingers
- is losing the hair along his temples (receding hairline)
- is completely loved and adored by his brother (and us too)
- has some powerful poop explosions
- tracks well with his eyes
- has muscle strength of a four month old (according to our pediatrician), although still needs to get used to tummy time (I think his double chin is making it hard to lift his head!)
- is a smiley, happy baby
- smiles sideways like his Dad
- has rolled from belly to back
- can be found almost entirely unswaddled when he wakes

- wears size 2 diapers
- is almost too big for 3 month clothes
- "coos" a lot
- weighs 12 lbs., 11 oz.
- is 23" long

1 comment:

The Richardson's said...

That first pic is super cute!

It is crazy how time seems to go by exponentially faster with each kid...

hooray for surviving the crazy for another month!!