We were able to see his head, brain, kidney's, stomach, "boy parts", hands, feet, spine, face, and some other good stuff. His heart was beating at about 140 beats per minute and weighs in at about 10 ounces. He has a way to go before catching up to his brother's birth weight of 8 lbs., 10 oz. Then again, he still his about 22 weeks to go!
It's funny how different I look at pregnancy now that I've been through it before. Yes, it's still amazing and a miracle. I do my best to eat well and take my vitamins everyday, but haven't been as "strict" about it as I was with E. I have yet to read a pregnancy book or birthing book. I have thought about how differently I want my labor and deliver to be. I want a natural birth and may even take a Hypnobirthing class. I'm considering having a doula and delivering at Good Sam where they have birthing tubs available. I know that if I end up needing a c-section again, I want our baby to be placed on my chest if neither of us have any medical complications. We haven't looked or even considered names. I have no idea what I'm going to do with the nursery. I get weekly Baby Center updates and I just skim them.What I think about now is how (and when) are we going to transition E into a toddler bed, what are we going to do for E's birthday, will E ever stop nursing, is his language developing properly, how will he react to this new little person?
Maybe it's because I've "been through it before" or that I don't have all the time in the world to sit and read and prepare. Whatever it is, I know that this little boy will be cared for and loved, just like his brother.
2 comments:
I was the same way. I think it has to do with being so sick too. You just eat/drink whatever you can. I also did not read books, Luke still does not have a room and he didn't have a name for almost 24 hours after he was born...
everything worked out just fine.
AND I totally noticed for you the birthing tub at Good Sam!! It looked pretty nice. I even told Mark to remind me to tell you about them in mid-contraction, haha
Sarah, you crack me up! Thanks for looking out for me while you were in labor!
Post a Comment