Breastfeeding

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daddy and Pacifier

There are so many wonderful things to celebrate about being married to a man who is an auditor. One of them is NOT this time of year -- it's busy season. Paul works very hard at what he does which causes him to have to work late nights and even some Saturdays. Most evenings, Evan is asleep by the time he gets home. It's always so nice when the two of them get to spend some good, quality daddy and baby time together. (It's even better when I get to take part!)

While playing with me yesterday morning, Evan found his "gently used" pacifiers that we put into one of his toy baskets. You see, Evan went through a phase of actually using a pacifier for about two months. Ever since then, he's hated them. Try to give him one and he makes a sour face or spits it out immediately. We have at least 5-6 of the Soothie pacifiers and 4 of the other type. Since he doesn't use them we stored them.

Well, after trying to eat the plastic bag they were in, I took one out to show Evan. He took it from my hands, and popped it into his mouth. He actually sucked on it for a minute or two before taking it out, playing with it, and then discarding it. Luckily, I was able to capture some of it...
I love this face!
Hmm...not so bad...

3 comments:

The Richardson's said...

Good job keeping them.

Matthew only liked his for a few weeks but I kept them and now he LOVES them when he is getting a new tooth. (The soothie ones)

I love that face too on the first pic...

Emma Youngdale said...

Hmmm...some of those faces look like faces his Aunties Brighid and Molly make. LOL!

Ashley Majorek said...

I love his facial expressions!

Lincoln & Tyson love their binkies so we will not be putting them away any time soon :o)

Watch your next baby will love them!!