Where has the time gone?!
Well, I believe that I have failed to blog about Evan crawling. To start off, he began by moving backwards right when he turned 7 months. He would cruise all around the house - tail first.
My mom said she had been "working with him" on moving forwards over the past few days. Well, it paid off! Paul and I saw Evan crawl forwards for the first time yesterday morning! I was even able to catch a few steps on video.
He's still a bit awkward, but it gets him to the closest toy he desires. I've been trying to get him to move further by continuously moving the object away from him as he goes towards it. It's like watching a catch chase a toy mouse on a string. What a mean mommy I am!
Evan can now also sit up on his own! He goes from all fours to sitting and sitting to all fours. He can also go from sitting to falling really well! :)
He's still working on eating solids. He LOVES yellow squash. Who would have guessed? It seems as though he likes to "eat" every few days, and then on the in-between days he barely will eat a teaspoon's worth. I'm ok with it, I'd rather have him drink mommy milk anyway. He'll have plenty of time with solid food the rest of his life.
The other day Paul asked me how long I planned to nurse Evan. To be honest, I hadn't thought about it at all. Since I work full time and am going to school one night a week, nursing time is really the only time we have to have just for the two of us. If he's not ready to give that up, then neither am I.
1 comment:
haha- and you were teasing me about nursing so long...it is a great bonding experience and the best thing in the world!!!
18+ months for me and still loving it!
Post a Comment