*I meant to post this on Sunday, but I came down with something, therefore the blog was put on hold. Let me say that being sick with a baby is no fun. Thank goodness my mom and Paul are so helpful. I hate not being able to take care of Evan. It has to be one of the worst feelings in the world. Evan is officially one-third of the way to being a year old! Wow, that's scary! I know that I haven't posted too much lately, so I'll catch up on what's happening in the Tomasik household.
- Our nights have become pretty routine, with Evan starting to tire out around 5:30. After nursing, changing into pajamas, getting a massage, nursing some more, another diaper change, and nursing some more, he's usually in bed by 7:00 or 7:30. (This boy just doesn't stop eating!). Evan still wakes up two or three times a night. The longest sleep span he's had was from 7:00 pm-3:30am.
- His likes and dislikes are now becoming well known. He'll let you know right away if you've taken him away from something he was enjoying or if you've put him somewhere he doesn't want to be. Evan also has become such a talkative guy. He loves to laugh and smile. Lately, Evan has been noticing our dog, Layne, much more. He'll watch him, follow him when he walks by, then laugh and smile at him. Paul and Evan like to chase Layne around the house, too. When Paul gets Evan close to Layne's level, Evan laughs and laughs.
- As always, Evan still loves the ceiling fan! (I think that he loves that fan more than his mom and dad sometimes!)
- At his latest well-child visit to the pediatrician's office, Evan is weighing in at 15 lbs., 11 oz. and is 26" long. He was a trooper, though. He received an oral vaccine and two shots. After the first shot, his face became very red. After the second shot, he let out a scream, cried for about 10 seconds. Paul picked him up to comfort him and within seconds, Evan was laughing. (I didn't even have to comfort nurse him. It made me a little sad.) But, he's such a brave little boy!- Evan has definitely outgrown his 3 month close. Some of his six month clothes are getting snug in length, too. He's even wearing size 3 diapers!
- He's able to roll onto his left and right side, but still not rolling over completely. During the day, Evan loves to suck on the fingers of his right hand, but at night prefers to suck his left thumb.
- Reading is one of Evan's favorite activities. He love to look at all the colorful pictures and sit up like a big boy.- Speaking of sitting up, Evan does not like to be held in the cradle position unless he's eating. He wants to be upright all the time.
- Evan likes to scratch. Not so much people, but things. He'll put his hand on the couch and softly scratch at it. He does this with almost everything he touches. It's quite cute.
- Everything goes into this boy's mouth. EVERYTHING. This also causes him to drool. I'm not sure if he's teething, but I wouldn't be surprised.- Evan has also had his first fever. Paul took his temperature this morning (Oct. 24) and his underarm reading was the highest at 100.1. He gave him some infant Tylenol and has now been sleeping for 3+ hours. (That's why I have time to write this post!) Paul said that he had been very fussy and crying all morning while I went to class and a baby shower. Needless to say, I drove home "quickly" to be with my sick baby.
- My mom has also told me that she figured out that she can calm Evan by walking him around the house in his stroller or by putting him in the baby carrier. Evan enjoys taking walks outside in his stroller, too.
Here are the chair photos!



2 comments:
Hope you feel better soon! Being sick with a baby is the worst...ugh, it should be outlawed, really.
Evan could totally be teething. Matthew has gotten a fever the day a new tooth busts through for about 3 of his 16 of his teeth.
Glad everything else is going well.
Wow he is getting so big! I have empathy for you since I had the flu last week. I seriously thought I was going to die. And then I was scared Madelyn would get it and I was a mess! And I agree with Sarah, he could be teething. Miss Madelyn ha sstarted to already so....Happy 4 month Evan!!
Post a Comment