Mr. E. started kindergarten. Along with it comes no more nap time. I'm thinking he will be wiped out today.
This weekend he was really excited about starting and was the first one ready to leave the house this morning. Dressed. Shoes on. Teeth brushed. Lunch in hand.
We arrived about 10 minutes before school started and he was eager to get into his room. The great thing about it was that he had already meet his teachers twice before today - Meet the Teacher last week and at an open house back in May. He also knows several of the kids in his class, which makes it so much easier for me not to worry about him meeting kids or making friends.
He came in, was welcomed by his teachers, put away his lunch & water bottle, grabbed his name tag, found his cubby, and headed up to the book loft. G followed.
He then wanted to play in the kitchen. G followed.
And this was where we said goodbye. He was fine with us leaving. G was not. He wanted to stay! We all left with dry eyes, which surprised me. I thought I'd be a big mess.
So far today, I keep thinking about what he is doing. Like right now...12:31pm...he's just finished playing outside.
To take my mind off of his day (somewhat), I took G to the mall to play and buy some new items for the house.
I can't wait to hear about is day when I pick him up!





No comments:
Post a Comment