I'm not looking forward to the day I realize that E has stopped telling me he loves me multiple times a day, or tells me to stop doing what I'm doing because he wants to give me a kiss, or doesn't want to cuddle with me just before he goes to sleep at night.
Tonight at dinner, I sat across from him and fell in love with him all over again. There was nothing particularly special about what we were doing, other than eating as a family at Pita Jungle on a cold Saturday night. But in one of those chaotic Mom moments of getting food ready for the kids before you can eat your own, I stopped and just looked at E. He sat there bright eyed, happy, and looking so much older than I ever remember him looking. I just thought about how handsome he is. And how lucky I am to have him. (And G. And Paul.)
I am so blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment