Breastfeeding

Monday, July 2, 2012

Potty Training Regression

We've hit a low.

After what we thought might be a new high.

E has "accidentally" pooped in the toilet twice.  The first time it was just a little bit and he stopped himself, jumped off the toilet and asked for a diaper.  We made a big deal about how great it was that there was poop in the toilet.

The second time, he was trying to pee and pooped instead.  A lot.  I was rather shocked at how much. I let him know how great it was that he pooped, we called Paul, he had a lollipop, and we even got him a new toy. But since then, he has not wanted to pee in the toilet at all.  By the time he went to take his nap, he hadn't urinated since he first awoke at 6:00.  After his nap around 2:30, I tried to get him to go on the toilet, and he refused.  He asked for a diaper, and hesitantly, I gave it to him.  The rest of the day, I kept trying to get him to go on the toilet and he continues to refuse.  We just spent the last 40 minutes trying to get him to go before bedtime.  He has yet to go.  I know that he is afraid he will poop again if he tries to pee.  Sigh....

HELP!

1 comment:

JJ Mom said...

Are things better? With Sadie we hit a low and then things really started getting better after that. I can remember feeling like she was going to be the only kindergartener in a pull up. She is not 100% trained, but I'd say she is 98% now. It's been a long process.