I'm quite thankful that my dear husband has decided to take off two weeks from work the same time that my winter vacation is occurring. We are now on day #4 and I'm extremely behind at blogging. I always said that I wouldn't let it slip past me, but it has been. I need to get back on the wagon!
Day #1 - We spend Saturday morning going to get some photos with the boys' cousins and their Grandpa Jack. Then after grabbing a bite to eat, we headed home for naps. Paul left to go play sloshball with his friends and once both boys woke up, I took them down to spend the day with my folks. E stayed the night with them and when G and I returned around six in the evening, Paul was already fast asleep for the night.
Day #2 - My parents brought E back around 11 am, but he had fallen asleep in the car. They also brought E's new mattress and box spring for his bed. My mom also brought the comforter she made for his bed from his old crib bedding. It's incredible! I went to my friend's baby shower in the afternoon. The rest of the day was pretty relaxing.
Day #3 - Made pancakes for breakfast! My parents came by yet again to visit before they headed to Mexico that evening. We went shopping at Target and when we came home, it was time for naps. Paul and I quickly assembled E's new twin bed. E loves it! All he wants to do is read, jump, lay, climb, and play in it.
(No worries, I moved the comforter away from him after this photo. It makes me nervous to have such a big blanket with him in the bed.)
Day #4 - We made some oatmeal and then headed to the mall to see Santa. But first, E received a haircut while I did some shopping. (Why is it that I ALWAYS get a coupon in an email AFTER he gets his hair cut?!) E did quite well with his visit to see Santa. We've been mentioning for the past few days that we were going to see Santa. We'd ask E what he was going to tell Santa that he wanted for Christmas. His answer? Candy. What did he tell Santa today? Candy. He didn't cry one bit, but he was a bit cautious. First, he just looked at Santa. Then he wouldn't look at all. G didn't make it into the picture because he had just fallen asleep in the Moby. There was no way that I was going to risk waking him just to get him in the picture. No, thank you.
After the photo, Paul treated E to riding the train while I did some more shopping. We had some yummy lunch at Jason's Deli. E ate my ice cream cone. That just meant I had to go get another one. :-)
G also had his 4 month well child visit. I will post more about that tomorrow for his post!




1 comment:
How nice that you and P both have vacation together!!!
That will make this Christmas extra special.
Enjoy
Post a Comment