Breastfeeding

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Ohio

Well, first of all...welcome to my new blog! My best friend, Valerie, started one so I better start one too!

I've just arrived from a trip to Dayton and Cleveland, Ohio. My husband, Paul, and I went to visit some of his family and have a small service at his brother's grave site. On Thursday, we first went to Dayton to meet up with his uncles Paul and Chuck and their families. His uncle Paul and aunt Pam have a beautiful house with a huge basement that we were sleeping in. Aunt Pam made donuts for us the second day we were there too! Paul had mentioned to me how delicious they were and he was right! I even got the secret recipe!

This is Uncle Paul and Aunt Pam's house

Friday was spent at the National Air Force Museum which has a section for the Wright Brothers. It was pretty cool to go see historic planes and see how aviation started. The plane that dropped the atomic bomb on Nagasaki was there too. That was a bit creepy though.

Saturday we headed to Paul's uncle Tom's house. They live in a rural area on 5 acres with 3 horses. We then left to drive to Cleveland to catch that night's Indian's game.


Uncle Tom's house

Paul and I were a bit concerned that the game on Saturday night might get rained out, but luckily it cleared up and we got to enjoy the game from fabulous seats! We were about 7 rows behind home plate! During the bottom of the 8th inning, Grady Sizemore was up at bat and hit a foul ball. It shot directly at me, but hit the girls arm that was sitting in front of me. It bounced off her and Paul ended up getting it off the floor. We were totally amazed, but Paul felt bad that the girl got hit so he gave her the ball!! What's worse is that she wasn't even that thankful for it! Oh well, I guess we'll have more chances during spring training in 2009!


Grady Sizemore!

Monday was the service for Danny, Paul's brother, at his grave. None of the immediate family had been there yet, so I'm glad they could all do it together. At the same time, there was a blessing for his grandparents that are buried behind Danny.
One of our nights in Cleveland we went to dinner at Cheesecake Factory in this cute shopping area called Crocker Park. While we were there, Brighid took this picture of us and the girl with a huge red bow in her hair. FABULOUS!!

All in all, we had a wonderful time and lots of great memories!









2 comments:

Valerie Ann said...

I LOVE HER BOW!!!!!!!!! and I love Brighid for taking this picture!

Brighid said...

It was Mattie's idea!! Mattie, you are awesome for making this blog. It's so you!